Engaged and Inspired Wedding Blog Guide
Isn’t it amazing that we live in an age where inspiration and information are readily available at our fingertips? Gone are the days of pouring through the pages of Martha Stewart’s wedding magazine for inspiration and ideas. And while I still looooove perusing through Martha mags, now we have internet websites and social media platforms such as Pinterest and Instagram!
If you truly want to keep up with amazing wedding ideas and trends, here is a list of my favorite wedding blogs where you can find a smorgasbord of creative designs, color palettes, DIY trends, and elegant concepts.
- Magnolia Rouge: I once had the honor of meeting Kate Holland in Carmel, the creator of my most favorite blog, Magnolia Rouge! Talk about image curating and elegant styling. You’ll find tons of inspiration here including my feature Creekside Bridal Shoot.
- Green Wedding Shoes: A beautifully laid-out blog featuring wedding inspiration and photos from real weddings in different themes and settings. On this blog, you’ll find plenty of ideas for bridal beauty, dresses, bridesmaids, groom fashion and footwear as well as creative ideas for the big day!
- Hey Wedding Lady: What I love most about this site is the color palette – whilst it’s helpful to see wedding scenes captured, it’s also helpful to know what color palettes go well together and which pairings are best. For example, ‘fresh greenery with dusty blue and charcoal gray’ or ‘modern pink and gold palettes with emerald detail.’ This blog also features staged shoots and real wedding shots to help the planner in you visualize your big day. You can find my Coastal-inspired Shoot here.
- Burnett’s Boards: Exactly what the site says – and the work is done for you! Boards upon boards upon boards of wedding colors and palettes and ideas, each board laid out thematically. Perfect for the strategic, creative planner with an eye for detail. Check out my Mid-century/Boho Inspired Shoot for all you “boho” brides.
- Glamour and Grace: The DIY projects part of this blog is perfect for those looking to do a beautiful wedding on a smaller budget. Note: it is absolutely possible to achieve beauty on a budget, though it may take slightly more work, it just goes to show that you don’t have to break the bank and tie the knot at the same time! My latest editorial and just-in-time-for-fall inspiration can be found here.
- Grace Ormonde: I like this blog because it feels almost like a digital bridal magazine. Clear layout, engaging content and eye-catching designs, this site is complete with wedding dress ideas, jewelry, honeymoon ideas, wedding vendors, bridal lifestyle and an interactive blog. It seems like eons ago when I jetted to New York from California with some creative friends to do my first Modern-Glam Styled Shoot!